Located in Brown and Edmunds Counties in Northeast South Dakota, our 8,000 acres are some of the finest archery hunting grounds that South Dakota has to offer. Within extensive sloughs, river bottoms and shelterbelts, we tailor your hunting style to produce trophy bucks. We are committed to providing quality accommodations and a productive hunt. South Dakota Archery hunts all wild and all fair chase whitetail deer.
Our staff is excited to show you a South Dakota Archery Trophy Deer Hunting Adventure you will never forget!
Our friendly guides share years of archery hunting experience and are able to tailor your hunt to your needs and hunting style. While you are hunting, guides will scout to find new locations of movement in other areas on the property.
When you harvest an animal, the guide will take care of your game from cleaning to donation (Sportsmen Against Hunger Program) or making some of the best venison creations in South Dakota (Frohlings Meats Hecla, SD). We also offer many options for taxidermy to make your South Dakota Archery Trophy Deer Hunt last a lifetime.
Safety is #1
Our guides make it their personal goal to be your partner in success and ensure safety.
- Guides ensure that you are safe and comfortable in the setting provided.
- Cell phones and two way radios ensure communications at all times.
- Safety harnesses are a must and will be provided if you don’t have one.
- Available ground blinds and hay bale blinds provide safety, comfort, and great success
Optional days of South Dakota pheasant hunting are available for an additional charge.
Education and License Requirements
- Residents and Non-Residents must be at least 12 years of age.
- All Big Game Archery Licensees 12 through 15 years of age, and all first-time licensees (regardless of age), must possess a National Bowhunter Education Foundation (NBEF) certificate or certification of completion from a Bowhunter education course approved by any state or provincial government. Applicants who have held a Big Game Archery License in the past may apply for Deer and Antelope without completing an NBEF course if they indicate on the application the year, state or province that a former Archery License was obtained or held.
- South Dakota Archery staff will assist you in obtaining the South Dakota Archery Deer permits & license.
- Archery Deer License Fees: $286 Any Deer, $80.00 additional doe permit. Fees are not included in cost of hunt.
- Practice and know your archery equipment and be prepared to shoot 10-40 yards from ground level as well as elevated stands.
- Limited select bookings available per year. We limit the number of bowhunters in order to maintain the number of quality, mature deer.
- Harvesting only mature deer 4 1/2 years old or older ensures quality hunting for years to come. There will be a $950 penalty for deer harvested below this maturity level. This age class will be explained in detail before the hunt and is STRICTLY ENFORCED.
Contact us online or call Mike at 605-380-8885